The analyst should demonstrate an understanding of the geographic market and industry influences including Chinese market and U.S. market. The analyst is responsible for identifying, planning, and executing strategies for improving risk management within the organization. Also specify/build analytical tools and reports to create and distribute market risk information to management team, help businesses determine the amount of financial risks involved concerning investments and operational costs. Assists in control of commodity and operational risk across all business units.
- Collaborate with business units to evaluate and assess stocks, commodity and foreign exchange risks affecting cash flow.
- Ongoing monitoring of portfolio risk with weekly commentary on utilization, new activity, market events and liquidity.
- Maintain financial models to analyze the impact of these market risks on company’s future cash flow, prepare analytic report to investment manager.
- Adherence to risk management policies with focus on maintaining effective controls for trading and business processes. Support of compliance and audit activities.
- Interact with traders, originators, accounting staff, and management to understand and answer questions about portfolio positions, changes, and risk factors.
- Analyze and/or prepare reports and records related to daily profit and loss (P/L) variance of trading books and Value at Risk (VaR), providing management with explanations of major variances.
- Analyze large volumes of data and present results in a clear, concise written and oral form.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics or related field.
- Working knowledge of risk measures.
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyze, and prepare reports and make recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to read and write fluently in English and Chinese.
- MS in finance or Risk, specialize in financial risk major preferred.
- Experienced with analytical and data manipulation applications such as Excel, SQL, Visual Basic, R, and other programming languages preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret financial statements, professional accounting standards, trading policies, contracts, agreements, computer printouts, industry. publications, reports, and correspondence.
- Application of math and algebra.
- Team player who is used to diving into issues, brainstorming solutions, and learning new methods and tools to address; results oriented.