The Analyst is the primary analytical support for investment manager, also assist in the cultivation of customer relationships by conducting research, participating in strategic planning and assisting in the execution of advisory services. Specific responsibilities include creating, updating, and maintaining financial models, writing company and industry reports, conducting fundamental research and communicating with clients, internal sales people and senior management.
- Using Bloomberg Terminal as main research platform and collecting financial data and industry news from various sources to monitor fundamental economic, industrial, and corporate developments.
- Work with investment manager to manage and execute the buying and selling of equities, options, futures, and other securities.
- Study and analyze investments and global markets. Conduct quantitative and statistical analysis on financial, economic, and alternative data.
- Monitoring financial market movements and alerting portfolio managers in market intelligence and updates.
- Conduct quantitative and statistical analysis on financial, economic, and alternative data.
- Preparing valuation analyses, including comparable company analyses, as well as DCF and LBO analyses.
- Integrating all researched financial variables and building financial models to improve investment analysis, trading strategies, portfolio construction, and operations.
- Understand and articulate key Alternative strategies, portfolio construction concepts and market analysis to Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or its equivalent) in Finance, Economics, or a related fieldis preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of investment methodologies.
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team.
- Self-sufficient but team oriented.
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Experience with Bloomberg, API, Eze Castle, Execution Management / trading and portfolio management software.
- Excellent analytical skills including statistical analysis and independent research.
- Relentless intellectual curiosity and a drive to excel at the highest level.
- Strong quantitative background.
- Fluent writing and oral skills in English and Chinese.